[BSD-RP] Soul Society: Southeast Seireitei

GhostSnake

Administrator
Staff member
1657675134738.png

1657679152509.png

”Captain, Utsuro is dead… Awaiting new orders- No, wait…”

The first words he hears from his Fourth Seated Officer, is the completion of his assignment. This is something Kyomu was already well aware of, having felt the embers of Utsuro's spiritual pressure dispersing into nothing. Did the failed Kuchiki doll put up a fight? Any resistance? Or had she simply laid there to accept her fate? These are all things that are of little to no consequence to the Captain. If the girl had any worth she would have kicked, and fought and clawed her way to survival one way or another. If she failed to resist or did resist but simply fell to Ochitsuki's blade, it meant that was all there was to her. She wasn't worth a second thought. Normally this is where the Oda would seek out a new mission, a new target to be directed to. Instead-

”Captain, I need guidance. I think I am lost. A new goal or direction is fine, so long as it is in service of the Second Division.”

Ochitsuki who has gone from the creepy Oda child doted on by former Lieutenant now Captain Yasu Yugure, to a deranged psychopath feared by his peers in the Onmitsukido and any whispered to becoming his next 'guest', now stands on the precipice of change and self discovery. It is truly ironic that, Himari the tormented and Ochitsuki the tormentor both find themselves enclosed in a space before their Captain, and both parties individually seek their own growth, having realized on their own who they were currently was not enough. His amber hues glance down towards Ochitsuki's bowed head before shifting over towards Himari who stares at her tormentor in confusion before turning her gaze towards her Captain. Kyomu's eyes shift back towards Ochitsuki who awaits advice, direction of any sort from his Captain.

"So..does that mean you've decided to give up on the goal of taking my life?"

Unexpectedly, what the Captain offers first is not direction, but rather the revelation that he was well aware that Ochitsuki had secretly been plotting and aiming for his life. Perhaps this might not come as a surprise to the Oda, however Himari was different. She is hearing from her Captain, that the man whom she was entrusted to previously, the man she had come to hate and distrust due to his peculiar nature, habits and of course the torture she had been subjected to, is also a man who has been seeking the death of the Captain they had both sworn loyalty to. It wouldn't be unnatural for her to be confused, confused to why even with knowing such things Kyomu had never acted against the Oda, and placed him in the position of Fourth seat and a Corps Commander.

The Captain's eyes stray away from the confused Oda as he begins his walk around the armory once again. He stops at a table, his focus appearing to be on the assortment of blades laid out before him, perhaps lost in thought or memory.

"I too was like you once. Trained to kill, it was all I knew to do, it was what I was raised to do. I was rather good at it, I excelled in the art of death."

As he speaks, his fingers reach out feeling the coolness of the blades, each one polished to the point they were like miniature mirrors, reflecting everything that met their surface.

"It is because I was so good at it that I made the perfect assassin...and an imperfect Captain. Following the path laid out before me I wielded my blade against the Commander as ordered by my Clan..commissioned by the Central Forty Six...and I ultimately failed in more ways than one. As an assassin of the Mukuro meant to always succeed in killing our targets, and...as a Captain meant to properly lead and guide those who followed me."

For the first time in a hundred years Kyomu talks about that day. The day where he was, despite maintaining his position as Captain forever branded as a traitor in the eyes of the Seireitei. Himari who was still a young shinigami floundering around in Fifth Division is learning the truth behind the rumors regarding her new Captain and mentor. Ochitsuki who was so far removed from the situation at the time now hears the series of those events personally from his Captain. Just as Ochitsuki's mind had been filled with nothing outside of killing and torturing his enemies and those who opposed him, his Captain had once thought of nothing outside of the ways of the Mukuro, the ways of an assassin. Though an agent of the Gotei 13, he was more an assassin than a Captain those days.

"After former Commander Shobatsu ordered me to slaughter those from my clan who were responsible for taking the commission and aiming me at him, like you I too felt a sense of...aimlessness. Floating atop the boat of uncertainty with no sense of direction, despite being a Captain. I suppose it is a silly notion to think about."

Himari and Ochitsuki are given a glimpse of a side of their Captain that is known by perhaps only three others within the entirety of the Seireitei. Kyomu leaves the table he is at, casually strolling over to another. Again his eyes carry over from object to object. It's uncertain if he is actually inspecting the tools of death or if he is gazing at something that lay beyond what was actually before him.

"Ochitsuki, you are gifted in the art of violence. When it comes to killing, tormenting and maiming others, your ability is without question. However-"

He turns to finally face the young Oda. As always, his face is without expression, and despite what one might consider a heart to heart between Captain and subordinates, his gaze still makes him feel distant from them.

"You are not the Corps Commander of the Interrogation Unit just for those aspects. You know what it means to be a warrior, you also know what means to be a killer. If you are to truly excel at the task entrusted to you, you must become more. You must be a brother, a comforter, a friend, a lover. You must be nothing, yet all things to all people."

Ochitsuki was great at his job, this is true, yet his methods despite how seemingly diverse, were also linear. The Oda knew how to inflict pain and how to instill fear yet...what if pain didn't work? If one couldn't feel it, or one could push past it? What of those without fear? The prospect of breaking them might excite and thrill him for some time, but once he was certain that no amount of physical torture would bend their will, no amount of threats to them or even loved ones and friends would shake their foundation, death was all that awaited them. It was time that Ochi realized that the unit he led was not the torture Unit, but interrogation. The two were alike in many ways, yet in the end were dissimilar concepts altogether. To be a good interrogator he needed to learn who the other person was, and from there transform himself into who they needed him to be. Someone who they could trust to confide in, or perhaps someone they believed they could manipulate or convert. The possibilities were truly endless but, those possibilities remained outside his reach so long as Ochi was only Ochitsuki the Psychopathic Oda.

He needed to learn that every situation was not a nail requiring a hammer, and that a blade or poison were not his only tools. To be better at his job in the service of his division, demanded that the Oda become an emotional and social chameleon. He needed to unmake himself so he could be whoever, whenever. Funny, that like his kin who also bears the title Captain, Ochitsuki must become one of many faces.

1657679156221.png

ShayGhoulz

1657931448102.png

1657931479630.png

1657931492364.png

The girl watched the exchange between the two men with keen interest. She was a little shocked to sense some type of emotion showing from Ochitsuki, having only seen him as the man who tortured her and also just a blood thirsty killer. But, the Ochitsuki before her was different. He seemed lost…And that was almost enough to move her a little. Even he can be lost. It was almost a comfort to her.

She knew the Captain would take his time to speak, dissecting Ochitsuki’s words layer by layer. She wondered if the Captain would do what he asked, give him directions and a sense of purpose, or would he do something else? She made sure to look between the two, not wanting to miss a single beat of this exchange.

“So…does this mean you’ve decided to give up on your goal of taking my life?”

Shock went through Himari. Ochitsuki was planning on killing the Captain? How could one work under someone, follow their every command, swear loyalty to them but at the same time plot to kill them? Himari could never do that. But it seemed that the Oda was just of a different character. She wondered why he wanted to kill the Captain. Did the Captain do something to him in the past?

Secondly, she was shocked that The Phantom allowed Ochitsuki to stand before him all this time knowing that the Oda was planning on taking his life. She would have thought that he wouldn’t allow such a person to be around him alive. If it were her, she sure would have been slaughtered a long time ago. So why…why did he allow the Oda to stay under his command all this time knowing that fact? Why would he allow him to be a seated officer and be in charge of the Maggots Nest if he had known that fact? He was literally giving Ochitsuki the tools to take his life. But maybe the Captain had his reasons. He was always ten steps forward. He understood things Himari never could.

Her thoughts stopped as the Captain started walking around the room. She watches his every move, before her eyes would glance at Ochitsuki and then back to the Captain as he stood in front of a table.

"I too was like you once. Trained to kill, it was all I knew to do, it was what I was raised to do. I was rather good at it, I excelled in the art of death."

Excelled in the art of death…that sent a chill down Himari’s spin.

"It is because I was so good at it that I made the perfect assassin...and an imperfect Captain. Following the path laid out before me I wielded my blade against the Commander as ordered by my Clan..commissioned by the Central Forty Six...and I ultimately failed in more ways than one. As an assassin of the Mukuro meant to always succeed in killing our targets, and...as a Captain meant to properly lead and guide those who followed me."

Ah. Himari had heard whispers of what The Captain had done to the ex-commander. She was shocked to know that his Clan had ordered him to take him out and he followed through with it. A Captain of the Gotei 13 followed orders to kill the Commander. It left a bad taste in Himari’s mouth. Himari was one of Loyalty. She would always be loyal to her Captain. She would never understand how a person can do what the Captain had done or what Ochitsuki was planning on doing.

“After former Commander Shobatsu ordered me to slaughter those from my clan who were responsible for taking the commission and aiming me at him, like you I too felt a sense of...aimlessness. Floating atop the boat of uncertainty with no sense of direction, despite being a Captain. I suppose it is a silly notion to think about."

As he spoke, he never turned to look at either one of them. For the first time she felt like the Phantom was showing a glimpse of his true self to them. She never would have thought this would happen. But it seemed this exchange was going to show her lots of things she never would have thought to see or understand.

"Ochitsuki, you are gifted in the art of violence. When it comes to killing, tormenting and maiming others, your ability is without question. However You are not the Corps Commander of the Interrogation Unit just for those aspects. You know what it means to be a warrior, you also know what it means to be a killer. If you are to truly excel at the task entrusted to you, you must become more. You must be a brother, a comforter, a friend, a lover. You must be nothing, yet all things to all people."

Himari stayed silent. She didn’t know if the Oda could do such things. Her vision of the man before her was still one of a man who tortured her. A man who would kill in a second. A man with no heart. It would take time for her view to change. But, if the man told the Captain he was willing to change and the Captain believed in his words. Himari would indeed try her best to root Ochitsuki on.

After all, if she could change, anyone can. Especially with the guidance of a good teacher.
1657931500552.png

DioNaraka

Administrator
Staff member
04857e7c5b4966f83d7e8c753ea50cc2.png

b35df29f58c27c96f012aa7238fc3970.png

"So..does that mean you've decided to give up on the goal of taking my life?"

This is indeed no shock to Ochitsuki, it was never something he hid from the Captain in the slightest. Those around him possibly couldn’t sense the bloodlust, probably due to the fact it was aimed at his Captain. What Ochi doesn’t realize is that his reasoning for wanting to fight and kill Kyomu is a genetic tick. Born as a warrior he subconsciously seeks out strong foes with hopes of fighting and killing them or being killed by them. Being tucked away within Second Division he has only ever seen displays of his Captain’s prowess, his narrow view of the world has elevated Kyomu as the peak of strength. Had he watched the games his understanding of strength would have broadened. But for now Kyomu remains at the pinnacle and he must vocally confirm if he is letting go of his goal to kill him… Before he can speak his Zanpakuto spirit materializes behind Kyomu, her presence is only seen and felt by Ochitsuki, she stares at him for a moment before sighing, turning away, and vanishing from his sight.

”I…”

He begins to sweat as this is his first step towards change, he has to let go of this goal but it is all he has ever known. If he lets this go what could he aim for? If he doesn’t have a strong opponent to look forward to then what will his training be used for? These conflicts arise within his very being as he tries to come to grips with not having a strong opponent to face. He glances towards Himari who seems to be in shock over hearing he sought to kill the Captain. He sets his eyes back upon the Captain, clenching his fists so tightly that they could probably turn coal into diamond from the pressure alone.

”As of right now… I will… Give up on trying to kill you, Captain…”

He finally spits it out, openly agreeing to give up on his goal alleviates some stress and turmoil from his mind. The wall that was Kyomu Mukuro is lifted and for the first time he is greeted with open roads, the light of future possibilities is so bright he can’t fathom to stare into for long. He looks towards the ground, trying to comprehend his own words, for one hundred years this has been his sole purpose.

He looks up, listening to the Captain’s words, the blinding light of the future dims a bit as he speaks.

Ochitsuki remembers that day, although he was just a faceless grunt following orders, encircling a Divison’s Barracks. It wasn’t until later that he found out what the Captain was really doing that day, but he could care less. His family would be disappointed with him if they knew of his attitude towards that situation but life for him returned to normal, nothing changed. The light of the future dims a bit more. He looks past the Captain for a moment to look at the weapons he was examining, his eyes only shifting back once he begins speaking again.

"After former Commander Shobatsu ordered me to slaughter those from my clan who were responsible for taking the commission and aiming me at him, like you I too felt a sense of...aimlessness. Floating atop the boat of uncertainty with no sense of direction, despite being a Captain. I suppose it is a silly notion to think about."

As a man who is disconnected from the feelings of others he never thinks about how or what other people feel. If it isn’t fear then he is uninterested, but this is a new revelation to him that the Captain could feel aimless as well. A new picture of Kyomu is slowly being painted in his mind, one that is not a stalwart of strength but a painting that shows that he too is just a man.

"Ochitsuki, you are gifted in the art of violence. When it comes to killing, tormenting and maiming others, your ability is without question. However-"

All he knows is violence, his friend Captain Yugure is the only person who gave him a small window into a world outside of said violence. It was strange and foriegn to him but it was enjoyable. But, when all you know is one thing you tend to excel in it beyond all else. He locks eyes with Kyomu but it seems like he is looking far beyond them, perhaps he is looking towards a future of his own or perhaps the future he envisions for Himari and Ochitsuki?

"You are not the Corps Commander of the Interrogation Unit just for those aspects. You know what it means to be a warrior, you also know what it means to be a killer. If you are to truly excel at the task entrusted to you, you must become more. You must be a brother, a comforter, a friend, a lover. You must be nothing, yet all things to all people."

Interrogation, in truth the youngman had lost sight of that. He gets all the information he needs and more from his victims but that is always second to enjoying their torment. There is praise in the Captain’s words but he is also reprimanding him at the same time by striking at the faults in his character. He is given a goal, something to strive towards, he must become more than what he is. Emotions that he has stagnated due to his deranged mentality will have to be tapped into, these same emotions that had been left to hold by his Zanpakuto spirit. When was the last time he laughed at a joke? When was the last time he smiled because something other than violence elated him? When was the last time he cried because he felt sad or depressed? He slips into Jinzen for a moment, in his mind this exchange that is about to happen lasts for a few minutes but in the outside world only a few seconds seem to pass…

Once again he is standing in his innerworld, the labyrinth of the Seireitei’s walls enshrouded by fog with a night sky looming above. It isn’t long before the fog parts and Saryū is seen leaning against a wall, arms crossed and eyes closed. Unlike last time she wasn't giddy to see Ochitsuki, he added more strain to their already brittle relationship. Ironic that their relationship can come tumbling down like a sand castle at any moment.

”I’m sorry…”

”No you aren’t.”

She retorts quickly, rejecting his half hearted apology.

”What? If I’m not sorry then why would I say it?”

”Because you are cruel and cold. That phrase means nothing to you, so how can I accept an apology from someone who puts no weight behind their words?”

”You can’t be serious right now…”

”I’m always serious. I don’t care if you are cruel, hollow, and cold to other people, I never batted an eye when you tortured other people because it made you happy. But when you turned that against me it was a shock.”

Ochitsuki began to show signs of frustration, she was making this more difficult than it needed to be. Just like how she blocks him from obtaining Bankai, she is stopping him from trying to apologize to her by calling it empty. He clenches his fists tightly, gritting his teeth. Anger is not an emotion that he dumped away, he taps into it every now and again, but then he hears the words of his Captain repeat themselves, “Become More”. As if choking on his own words he struggles to speak, trying to push down his anger and try a different approach.

”S-Saryū, please…”

The spirit’s eyes shoot open, a light blush running across her face. When was the last time Ochitsuki actually said her name? Being called out by him like that, and so suddenly, took her off guard. With her guard down Ochitsuki can strike and two choices present themselves to him. Does he speak honestly, from the heart or does he exploit this to manipulate her to get what he wants?

”I know I haven’t called your name in a while… And I know I was harsh towards you earlier and… Honestly I have always been harsh towards you.”

He unclenches his fist and extends his hand out towards her as a peaceful gesture. She looks at him, she sees the muscles in his face struggle to form a smile like a man struggling on the bench press to lift the weight. She can sense he is struggling to show some simbalance of joy or happiness.

”But, you’ve always been there and always will be. So please, Saryū, accept my apology.”

Is this venom or a genuine plea? Saryū approaches Ochitsuki, and places her hand on his. With a soft smile on her face she speaks.

”No, not until you learn how to truly be happy for yourself. But don’t hesitate to call my name again, I will help us in any way I can. And so long as you remain genuine we can grow together.”

Ochitsuki has a lot to learn about expressing himself in a genuine way, more than that this exchange has almost made him sick to his stomach. That being said, was he trying to manipulate his Zanpakuto spirit or was he being honest?

”Understood and I’ll be sure to call on you again, Saryū.”

The only ones who know are Ochitsuki and Saryū.

Only in the privacy of his own mind would he attempt something like that and after a few seconds of silence he replies to the Captain.

”Understood Captain and please allow me to be selfish to say that I will be doing this for my own benefit as well as for the benefit of the Division. Thank you for your guidance, Captain.”

The light of the future was not diming because he was losing sight of it, no, it dimed so he can put everything into perspective and see the roads he can travel without being blinded. He looks towards Himari with a chastising smile on his face, a stark contrast to the creepy smile that was plastered on his face earlier in the day, and instead of tormenting her with his words he decides to tease her instead.

bfee2c0ec8ec89e563fd458a76b9249a.png

”I’m looking forward to working with you more often, Shimizu-chan.”
b35df29f58c27c96f012aa7238fc3970.png

half portrait name plate.png

Yua took her time departing from the Seventh. It was Tenzen's orders for her to time her time returning to the fifth. Normally on any given day she would rush back to the fifth to tend to what she was doing before. But today was different. She had to investigate into a death of Captain Itsuki Asakura, a dear friend of her Captain's. Hearing his reflection of his relationship with the former captain was enlightening along with the words still playing in her head.

Yua, never forget to mourn your friends. Mourning helps reinforce our memory of them, so we do not forget who or what they were.

Don't try to make yourself remember, cause at the end of the day, life will continue.

spoke a voice in her head. Yua closed her eyes as she flew over the seiritei, making her way to Kido Corp headquarters after her captain. It was none other then the forever watchful memory keeper of her blade, Shibori.

The world may continue but is it worth just moving on and forgetting all that one spent with another?

That is the question of life isn't it? It is those expriences and the feelings behind them that can either make or break even the strongest amongest you. I am sure even your captain has alot of expriences he keeps deep down that is still scaring him every moment he closes his eyes. Don't bury your feelings Yua. Don't repress the feelings of the past. Embrace those feelings and grow with them each and every day.

Spoke the voice gently in the back of her head

But what if I can't handle those feelings? what if I shatter or break from those feelings. If I ever be able to recover what I lost dear to me?

she asked the spirit gently

That is something I can't tell you, however what I can tell you is what I told you all along. Your memories arn't your destiny Yua. Staying still will cause you to forever watch those you want to watch with to leave you behind. Your story will not end unless you allow it to. Plus, If I remember right, you set a goal you wanted to achieve. Do you remember it?

spoke the voice gently. Yua opened her eyes looking ahead at the Kido Corp Headquarters coming into view. She felt a smile and a excited burst of energy awakening in her again thinking of the promise she made with the spirit back in the academy.

To be the best at the one thing I love more then anything else... Kido!

And to do that what is the goal?

To learn from the best and to....Maybe some day...Claim the end goal.

Together as one.

Now and Forever.

Both spoke as Yua flew high above the Kido Corp's headquarters. She focused herself to stop her speed, pulling back before descending down to the courtyard of Kido Corps Headquarters. She flipped her cotton candy pink hair over her shoulder before straightening herself mentally and physically before heading in, taking in any and all changes of the surroundings. She didn't know what happened eariler but she could tell, it wasn't anything good. She took mental notes as she made her way to where she sensed Tenzen to be.

Arriving at Kido Corps Headquarters​

DioNaraka

Administrator
Staff member
42e42741accf6720d98e3dc061e364ff.png

c98ffb8ee5bac369f19c48afce2d8b2e.png

The Kido Corps

The very instant Yua’s foot touched the tiled floor of the Kido Corps HeadQuarters she was surrounded by various members of the organization, all of them aiming a hand with a Kido spell charged or a Zanpakuto in its Shikai state. It was one hundred years ago, a time before Yua joined their ranks, that Tenzen gave an order that only himself, his Lieutenant, the Head Captain and Head Lieutenant are allowed to enter the Kido Corps HQ. Any outsider would be met with a greeting similar to the one Yua is getting now, if said outsider showed further aggression then the Chief himself would respond, as he does now.

”Stand down, she is here by my permission.”

”But Chief, this goes against your pre-established orders! Can this girl be trusted to roam this place?”

A Priestess speaks up with a concerned tone, Tenzen looks at her then casts his gaze towards Yua.

”That is what I’d like to find out.”

Her invitation to this place was much less a courtesy and more of a test of trust. The girl wants to learn and know more, just as he does but how far is she willing to go? The more dangerous texts are locked away, sealed by his own hand, but this does not mean it will stop someone brash enough to make an attempt to break said seals. His order that none may enter the HQ acts as a means to use force against trespassers, his heritage finding loopholes to create a reason to fight. With a motion of his head he tells Yua to follow him as they enter the main building of the HQ.

”As you know the Kido Corps is an organization within Soul Society that is allowed the use of force. Due to its connection to Fifth Division as of the recent centuries many have forgotten that it is a separate entity from the Gotei Thirteen. We are merely a branch of the full militaristic might of the Seireitei, the other two branches being the Gotei Thirteen and the elusive Onmitsukidō.”

Though they cannot be seen due to the glowing his eyes glance over at Yua. Should she feel his eyes upon her she would feel as if what he was about to say was going to be important.

”That means there will be times where the Kido Corps must act and operate outside of the Gotei Thirteen’s interest. I have nothing but respect for the Captain Commander, but not even he can overturn the actions of the Kido Corps. The ones with the power to do that are Central Forty-Six themselves. Although, with the vision I am slowly crafting for the future, you may need not worry about that.”

The two arrive at a door guarded by seemingly two men. They both nod and open the door for Tenzen and Yua allowing them to enter. Inside what their sight would be greeted with is a research room although more heavy handed on mysticism rather than science. Scrolls with words written upon them that glow, texts that lay open showing various diagrams and descriptions of spells and seals and at the center of this room is the dust gathered by Eizoku during his trek into the Dangai. The substance has been completely sealed off from the outside world, put in stasis.

”Report.”

A member of the Kido corps appears before Tenzen, bowing to him and Yua before reporting.

”Sir, Ma’am. Our study didn’t take very long to determine the origin of this substance, it is a Zanpakuto, reduced to a fine dust or powder. After discovering this we quickly sealed it to halt any effects it may produce or currently be producing. We did this because we are not sure if this is in a Shikai or Bankai state and until we can determine that it must remain sealed. You said Yugameru-sama discovered this, sir?”

Tenzen takes a moment to respond because he stares at the substance. He made a wise call not to directly touch the packaging Eizoku placed it in, but what does this mean for him and Arashi who both touched it? His eyes begin to narrow at the thought of what could happen to them, more specifically Eizoku who was in direct contact with it.

”Ummm, sir?”

”Quarantine Arashi along with any building he has inhabited since Eizoku’s return. Let him know what is going on so that he doesn’t panic and think he is being detained. Thoroughly sweep his Reiatsu and Reiryoku for any foriegn variations of those two things. As of right now I do not know Eizoku’s location, you will locate and relay this information to him as quickly as possible. He too is to be quarantined until we can confirm he wasn’t affected by an enemy ability.”

Now Tenzen has to think on who could have placed that dust there, a Shinigami Zanpakuto ground into a fine dust and left scattered in the Dangai, someone is plotting something or attempting to throw them off somehow. Once again the Dangai, which is under his watch, has been manipulated and used against them. This only serves to upset him as he must now place stricter sanctions on all Dangai usage including the information gathered from those who use them. He will not waste time asking nobles their permission to monitor their personal Senkaimon, he will go over their heads and do it in secret. And just as if things couldn’t have gotten worse another masked member of the Kido Corps rushes into the room in a panic, kneeling before Tenzen and Yua.

Emergency Reports!

”Sir! A message from Captain Yugure concerning orders from the Head Captain himself! The message is as follows: Under Commander Kagayaki's order, Captain Oda is to send reinforcements to both Naruki City and Karakura Town to aid the shinigami occupying the area of destruction. Cast barriers, replenish structures and whatever human they come across is to be aided and then have Kikanshinki (記換神機, Account-Replacing Spirit Device; Viz "Celestial Text Messenger") used on them. That is all, Sir!”

His eyes widened as this information was new to him, what had been going on in the living world while the Games were happening? To send reinforcements and to go to these lengths must mean the damage is severe.

”Assemble two forces, one to occupy Karakura and the other to occupy Naruki, immediately!”

His face twitches, obvious signs of anger swelling up in him as this would happen when he no longer has valuable members to send out into the field to lead said teams. There is Kiku who should still be out there, perhaps the force can rendezvous with him and coordinate what to do next.

”Let’s go, Munetoshi-san. We have work to do.”

Tenzen walks at a fast pace to exit the building and upon exiting a group of ten Shinigami were before him, members of Kiku’s group. He raises a brow wondering why they are back in Soul Society.

”Sir! We are here to make our report to the Kido Corps on what was happening in Karakura Town! Shunkan-san is on his way to Fifth Division to submit his report to you!”

More confusion sets in as he truly has no idea what is going on now at the moment.

”Well, make your report now, no sense in waiting when I can get it now.”

”Sir! Karakura Town was accosted by Hollow’s sometime after Lieutenant Toshioyuki’s Reiatsu flared up and vanished. It was later confirmed that the Lieutenant had died.”

Fury

A ringing is set off in the mind of Captain Oda that drowns out the sound of the remainder of the report. Calling it a thousand yard stare wouldn’t do it justice the way he seemed to stare beyond everything as if he were trying to gaze at Karakura Town himself. He cast Katsuo out of the Oda due to the heated political situation he placed himself in, forcing the young Shinigami to return to his former name. Tenzen knew he was soft and because of that he secretly placed Kiku in Karakura to clean up and stragglers Katsuo decided to spare. However it seemed like Katsuo met someone he couldn’t simply spare. The initial report made earlier in the day had no mention of an opposing Reiatsu and so Tenzen made the assumption that Katsuo merely overpowered an opponent and moved on. The ringing continues, what the Golden Buddha is experiencing right now is BLINDING RAGE. Katsuo was someone he grew up with, someone he called and treated as a brother, so it is only natural that he would feel this way.

”I’m going to Karakura Town. Munetoshi-san, you are free to do as you please for the remainder of the day.”

Following that final order to Yua he vanished from sight, the rage that was permeating from him caused the Shinigami in the area to sigh heavily with relief as if they were holding their breath from anticipation of the Captain exploding. Yua is free to do what she wants now, if she chooses to follow the raging Tenzen is her choice to make. As of now Captain Oda has blinders on, nothing else matters at the moment, so long as he can get to Karakura Town and destroy someone.
c98ffb8ee5bac369f19c48afce2d8b2e.png

To Fifth Division