[BSD-Rank] Rankings and Requests

Hyouzoku

1656577621140.png

1656577634587.png

1656577646645.png

What seemed like a normal afternoon within Naruki City, was actually anything but that for the Shinigami of 10th Division. With the cascading overcast skies of the city clouding up the sun’s rays entirely, two shinigami stood atop of a small pharmacy building. One being a prominent and consistent face of the division, considered by many of the unseated soldiers to be the “Soul” of 10th. Taking his work within the division, with the upmost seriousness, dating back even to the Higen-led era. He was crouched on the roof of the building on one knee, seemingly giving off the vibes that he was reporting information.

1656578365092.png

“Vice-Captain Shizuka…. I have important news

The other shinigami who stood directly across this man, was none other than the Raiken himself, Shizuka Hyouzoku. He stood valiantly, the tsuba of his Zanpakuto firmly gripped onto his right hand, resting the navy blue casing on his right shoulder.

1656578940577.png

“Report Kizutaro”

“Sir, I finally got a track on the serial killer that’s been plaguing the humans. I know you’ve been exhausted dealing with your… affliction and the paltry state of the division due to our injuries, but you’re the only one who could potentially stop this threat at the moment.”

“It’s that bad?”

“If Izanagi wasn’t injured or Hashidearu wasn’t helping out in Karakura, we would be okay potentially but, we’re dealing with a new Fullbringer here.”

Shizuka’s heart dropped just from the words that flowed off of his subordinate’s lips. After the arrival of the God-King, Shizuka has been fighting non-stop to quell the incoming Fullbringer threat. This of course more taxing, with the shattering of his Bankai. Only useable when its in it’s Shikai state. With more spiritually powerful humans coming into play, there would be more targets undoubtedly for Stephania’s cult, Xaltation. With a powerful ally on their side now such as the God-King of Hueco Mundo, Shizuka has been forced to use his mind more when it comes to the delegations within his district. The Captain Commander’s order were at one point to dispatch these humans so that they do not grow into a threat for the future. This task has grown to be more easier said than done. Shizuka’s return back into the Soul Society after his hollowfication, enlightened him to the news that even in his full hollow transformed state. The Fullbringer Justin Taimu, the Watchman was standing toe-to-toe with him, equal in strength. Upon hearing this, Shizuka’s resolve only strengthened. In order to become a true protector of the city, assume dominance over his profession. He needed to find a way to deal with Naruki City in his own way, and instead of eradicating the Fullbringers he would try to assimilate them. One Fullbringer taken away from the clutches of Stephania, was one Fullbringer he didn’t have to worry about killing. With an impending revolt soon to happen, it was better to get these evolving humans on his side rather than oppose them. This situation though… seemed to call for a different solution, for the Lieutenant would not stand for mindless killing in his district.

“For his abilities, it seems like he’s able to manipulate solid surroundings. The powers exude from his gloves, I think that’s where his fullbring originates. Using the walls and things of that nature around him to impale his victims. If I were you i’d approach him from the air to have more time to dodge his attacks. Other than that, he’s in the Shopping District currently. I’ll send a photo with my Denreishinki of his appearance.”

“Excellent work, Kizutaro. Return to the Soul Society, I got this.”

“As you wish Vice-Captain!”

1656580718758.png

As Kizutaro left the vicinity, Shizuka stared at the overcasted skies once more and sighed to himself.

“This is going to be a long day.”

“I’m taking all bets on Shizuka failing again. Come one come all!”

1656581103911.jpeg

“You really never shut up….”

The once overcasted afternoon veil, turned into a sun-kissed orange sunset. The clouds in the air slowly parting to reveal the lovely spectacle to the city of Naruki City. As the day itself began to dim, so did the swarming population of Naruki. The inhabitants slowly going inside their houses even at this early time of the day, the fear of the serial killer making waves within every household. Kids who would be playing around now, were inside. Adults who were out starting their after work festivities, would head directly home. While there were few oblivious; impervious even, to this information out in the streets. The streets of city were still beginning to die out. Yashamaru Nagama, 13 Years of Age, would be making his way home from the shopping district. His day filled with obtaining a lump sum of groceries, carrying loads on both arms as he made his way home. He wore a navy blue hoodie to cover his appearance, giving off the idea he was concealing himself when he committed his crimes. In the night time, he would be indistinguishable from a shadow. The perfect attire for committing murders. To Shizuka though, who was staring at his every movement, perched in the sky. None of this mattered, while this killer was used to being the Grim Reaper for his fellow humans. He would soon see how it feels to be reaped by a true reaper.

Shizuka waited specifically for this human to reach an area where there were no witnesses. Wide open, no walls for him to manipulate, only the ground he stood on being his catalyst. Which of course Shizuka was expecting….

1656582594415.png

Shizuka using Shunpo reappeared in front of the human. Standing in the air around 10 meters way from him, his Zanpakuto unsheathed and laid on his shoulders.

“So about how long were you going to play this murdering game?”

Yashamaru dropped all of his groceries on the ground, in complete awe. Never had he seen a Shinigami in person, or one this close to him. Along with the fact that his perception of beings with abilities were skewed. Just from the fact that this man was in front of him standing on nothing but air, he knew there was something special with him. The added effect of electricity surrounding his body only cemented the fact that he was in trouble.

“Who are you??? What are you talking about!? I didn’t do anything!!”

“Kid, do I look like I’m stupid to you. Answer me.”

You look stupid to me

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, i’m just a normal kid please leave me alone”

“If you were so normal, you wouldn’t be able to see me. Only beings with special abilities can see me, and you just gave yourself up kid”

Ugh… you are so lame

At this point Yashamaru knew the jig was up. It was all too much of a coincidence, everything was going to shit in front of him. Now all he was seeing was, RED. Using his abilities he pulled the soul from the ground beneath him forming them to take the shape of stalagmites, which then rose into the sky to attack the shinigami all at once. The boy was truly tired of killing, tired of this exhausting baggage of bodies. To him though it was necessary, he just wanted what was taken from him to be returned. And this irritating man was in his way. The spikes then converged onto Shizuka, but at the last second his frame disappeared entirely. Yashamaru would only feel the feeling of a straw sandal being driven into his spine, before he is sent tumbling through the concrete. He recovers quickly in order to respond back even while he’s hurt, only to lift his body up to Shizuka standing over him. Zanpakuto aimed directly at his throat, the distance between them almost being nonexistent.

“Give up… come with me”

“You……. ignorant bastard…… you’re just the same as the others with powers…”

“You’re not killing anybody with powers you moron you’r-“

“IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THEM”

Shizuka became stunned in silence, if he wasn’t talking about his victims. Who the hell was he talking about.

“I’ve been captive under a monster for WEEKS, I tried to talk to Stephania and the others and they did nothing but laugh at me for being weak! Saying I didn’t fit their plans! This monster has my parents captive and the only way he’ll give them back is if I do his bidding…..”

The tears began to well up in his eyes, his resolve defeated. He knows he had been committing heinous murders for the sake of his family, but his actions started to take a hold of his conscious when he was faced with Shizuka’s blade. Suddenly the weight of the lives of those he took began to feel like a collapsing ocean rather than just a light means to an end.

“He has my parents… He won’t let them go unless I complete his tasks perfectly. I’ve tried to fight him but he’s too strong. Every time I think i’ve completed his mission, there’s always something that delays them getting free….. I didn’t want to kill people but I can’t stand to see my family die…. I don’t want them to die”

Shizuka was forced to look as the tearing up, quickly became a water works show. In all of his years patrolling Naruki City, he had seen a multitude of deceptive Hollows. Never in his life had he seen a Hollow manipulate a Fullbringer into killing other humans. It was kind of disgusting to think that Hollows would find a new lows even to this day. Causing endless pain and mischief all to make for a succulent meal. It stung the Lieutenant slightly, resonating with the universal feeling of being powerful… but still powerless. There was nothing more infuriating than that feeling, and what made the situation all the more devious was the lack of empathy from the other Fullbringers themselves. Shizuka grinded his teeth together at the thought of Stephania Shingetsu. Not only were her intentions pure evil, it was evident that she had nothing but a heart full of malice. While still reserving his judgement and refusing to absolve the boy completely. The Vice-Captain removed his Zanpakuto from the boy’s throat and relinquished it back into his sheathe. Only to stare down at Yashamaru with his steel blue orbs.

“Where is this monster?”

The sun-kissed orange landscape quickly enveloped into a starry night sky. The constellations forming a beautiful array to compliment the cities they rest above. With the moon shining it’s brightest, Yashamaru walks down an alleyway in the middle of a random street. The habitual meeting points between the Fullbringer and the Hollow. Once again Shizuka stood miles above Yashamaru, watching his every step and concealing his already suppressed reiatsu, in order to not stoke the fear of the Hollow. Yashamaru stops momentarily, and waits for a few minutes. All to suddenly be greeted by a giant Hollow, who stands almost even with the rooftops in between the buildings.

“Ahhhh well look who it is!!! Come to bring me more souls to feed!”

“No…”

Yashamaru gulps loudly, the fear emanating from his body is unreal. Almost crippling his every action now that he knows his strength. Still, he uses this fear in order to further push his words out. Knowing he has a secret ally.

“I’m done doing your dirty work, I’ve given you enough I just want my parents back.”

The Hollow looks at the boy for second, his face incapable of showing his true confusion. What had changed with the boy so quickly? Why did he gain the conviction to start making demands now? Knowing the consequences of defying him? None of it made sense to the Hollow, but if it had two things going for it. It would be his ability of deception, and his willingness to capitalize on his laziness. At this point the boy was feeding him souls but, nothing would be tastier than Yashamaru’s soul itself.

“Okay sure! You’ve been doing me a big favor anyways. You truly deserve them!”

At a moment’s glance he snapped his hands, and there Yashamaru’s parents were. Trapped within a cage, malnourished and unconscious beyond belief but still somehow…. Alive.

“MOM……DAD”

As Yashamaru ran to the cage, he lost all common sense. The plan he and Shizuka had, thrown out the window. Finally his goal was reached. Mid-stride to the cage, he would see the Hollows hand strike forward in a jabbing motion. Ready to pierce Yashamaru in his stomach, as he ran in recklessly.

“TRICKED YA!!!”

1656589527789.png

SHING

“AGHHHHHHHHH”

Shizuka knew exactly how this encounter was going to go down. Though the plan being botched was out of his control, he still relied on his speed and intuition to make it in time. As the creature’s hand was lopped off Shizuka stands valiantly against the Hollow. The creature looks at the Lieutenant, and is immediately stunned with fear. He had been concealing himself perfectly these past few weeks, why was it suddenly he had been revealed! The Shinigami should be worry about the God-King’s return, not him!

“You slimy little bastard, how did you find me?!!!!”

“I smelt deception and must from a mile away, couldn’t ignore it”

He stole that must part from me

“You think you’re funny huh? You think I’m going to let a measly shinigami RUIN MY PLANS!!!”

“No I don’t think you are…. The real question is how are you going to apologize to him?”

The Hollow in the midst of his rage, completely forgot about the boy behind him. The boy who had been building his power up, building his rage up as he had been through the ringer one too many times. As the boy’s reiatsu flooded into the alleyway, he would place his hands on the ground. The gloves he loved so much, merging his hands with the solids around him. Stalagmites forming from under the hollow, to the sides of him from the walls, and protruding to attack him from Yashamaru himself.

SPLAT

Weakened and distracted the Hollow found himself impaled from his own surroundings. Unable to speak or respond, but just simply fade from existence. The cage in which Yashamaru’s parent were held was also completely dissolved. The boy ran to his unconscious parents and bursted into tears of joy. Finally his suffering and pain had been ended, now he could return to his normal life…. Or could he.

“You faced your bully and conquered them. I’m impressed”

“Thank you Shinigami, if you didn’t listen to me. I would’ve never won this battle.”

It reminded him subtly of the moment he met Justin Taimu, where he refused to listen to the Fullbringer. Causing him to run off from the ensuing battle. If he had only taken a second to listen instead of attacking first, maybe thing

“No problem though, but with that out of the way….

“??”

As stated before Shizuka could still not absolve Yashamaru from the murders of innocents, even though it wasn’t his place to intervene in that type of justice. He still held some form of responsibility to the souls in Naruki City. As well as juggling the possibility in his head that of course with the correct circumstances, that something like this may happen again with Yashamaru. Where he may be pushed to do the same things he did for weeks. This is where Shizuka truly felt at crossroads once again with the state of his own city. Should he become the judicator that Higen wants him to be? Or should he be lenient, and slowly assimilate Fullbringers just like Yashamaru to become allies? In fact, this whole debacle had proved to Shizuka that neither is the correct answer. For if he had killed Yashamaru he’d be killing a helpless soul, one that he resonated with. One who was being a marionette to a Hollow out of necessity for his own family. Assimilating him into the cause would only get him get killed later in the future, through opposition of Stephania. Someone who denied him of the help he so desperately needed.

If Shizuka wanted to become better at his sole duty to the Soul Society he would need to create a unique path. One that takes in guidance from others AND combines with his moral compass. For the Vice-Captain felt there was no better soul for the task, than him.

“Actually nevermind……Go and take them home Yashamaru, and go get some rest please.”
1656577646645.png

Shinigami

Administrator
a940aab6911e21ce523be6441ea8bad8.png

1634ff1559073fb9476056a7ff39b621.png

護廷十三隊
Application: Shizuka Hyouzoku

The Captains have reviewed your scenario and reached their verdict...
5bff1bb73bfcdc80eac5959bbfa7aa58.png

Congratulations Shizuka! You advance to the next round!

Your post has demonstrated enough of your roleplay ability to advance you to the second portion of the Captaincy Application. you are to advance to the combat portion of the test. You will report to one of our Valley of Screams by clicking the portal below!

There you will begin the first post against your opponent Captain Yu Nakamoto. This fight will take place in-character, and be canon to the group’s overall story. This means any actions you take may potentially have in-story consequences. Should you fail, it will be common knowledge that Shizuka attempted and failed to become a Captain. There will be no time limit, but the amount of time you take between posts may factor into the Captain Council’s final evaluation. It is encouraged for you to showcase the majority of your abilities, including Bankai. That said, you are free to use any means, and take any action, you deem necessary. The fight can be stopped at any point, but is permitted to continue up until the brink of death of either party.
Be sure to shock the competition!
1db953d5d91034ee3c55b08f69a16ade.png

Shinigami

Administrator

護廷十三隊
Application: Suiyo Kusotare

The Captain's have made a decision...
ffc9fa1620052056dc24ce74db697f8b.png

Congratulations Suiyo! You advance to round two!

As a previous tenured Captain, your many posts have served as adequate proof of your roleplay abilities and demonstrated your thought process clearly. But we still want to see you strut your stuff! As such, when it becomes available, you will report to the Valley of Screams below.

There you will begin the first post against your opponent Captain Nao Murakami. This fight will take place in character, and be canon to the Group’s overall story. This means any actions you take may potentially have in-story consequences. Should you fail, it will become in character knowledge that Suiyo attempted and failed to become a Captain. There will be no time limit, but the amount of time you take between posts may factor into the Captain Council’s final evaluation. It is highly encouraged that you showcase the majority of your abilities, including Bankai. That said, you are free to use any means, and take any action, you deem necessary. The fight can be stopped at any point, but is permitted to continue up until the brink of death of either party.

15faf144fe740b90d7abd996377e3508.png
Alcohol might not help you here, but it's worth a shot!

Shinigami

Administrator

護廷十三隊
Application: Shizuka Hyouzoku

Congratulations!
1658905409483.png

Captain Shizuka Hyouzoku!

The Captain’s Council has reviewed your application, and welcomes you as one of their own! From this moment forward, you will be known as Shizuka Hyouzoku, Captain of the Tenth Division! In your eligibility application, you told a consistent and engaging narrative, stayed in line with the scenario presented to you, and showed your capability in Naruki City. As for your proficiency test, you displayed a tactical mindset, adhered to the limitations of your abilities, acknowledged your losses and wounds, and displayed an excellence knowledge of your abilities. As such, you may now update your bio to better reflect your new found rank, congratulations Captain Hyouzoku!

Shinigami

Administrator

護廷十三隊
Application: Suiyo Kusotare

Congratulations!
1659225439411.png

The Captain’s Council has reviewed your application, and welcomes you as one of their own! From this moment forward, you will be known as Suiyo Kusotare, Captain of the Eighth Division! As a former Captain it was unanimously decided you would skip your eligibility application, known to weave a consistent and engaging narrative, while staying in line with scenarios and responsibilities. As for your proficiency test, you displayed a tactical mindset, and displayed knowledge of your abilities. You may now update your bio to better reflect your new found rank, congratulations Captain Kusotare!​