[BSD-Rank] Rankings and Requests

BSD

Administrator
a940aab6911e21ce523be6441ea8bad8.png

1634ff1559073fb9476056a7ff39b621.png

護廷十三隊
Application: Jatiri Yabuki

The Captains have reviewed your scenario and reached their verdict...
5bff1bb73bfcdc80eac5959bbfa7aa58.png

Congratulations Jatiri! You advance to the next round!

Your post has demonstrated enough of your writing ability, to advance you to the second portion of the Captaincy Application. As soon as it becomes available, you are to advance to the combat portion of the test. Report to the Valley of screams by clicking the portal below.

There you will begin the first post against your opponent Captain Itsuki Asakura. This fight will take place in-character, and be canon to the Group’s overall story. This means any actions you take may potentially have in-story consequences. Should you fail, it will become in character knowledge that Jatiri attempted and failed to become a Captain. There will be no time limit, but the amount of time you take between posts may factor into the Captain Council’s final evaluation. It is highly encouraged that you showcase the majority of your abilities, including Bankai. That said, you are free to use any means, and take any action, you deem necessary. The fight can be stopped at any point, but is permitted to continue up until the brink of death of either party.
Give it a sound effort!
b2834b4537264ed7f4aed953e799f9c9.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BSD

Administrator

護廷十三隊
Application: Jatiri Yabuki

Sorry Jatiri
3bb59812e8a5184c8e780a8c0845197a.png

Maybe next time...

You did well in your first round, enough so that the Captains decided they wanted to see more from you. However, after analyzing your fight they have reached the conclusion that your skills are better suited to a Third Seat rank for now, and aren’t quite up to par for what is expected from our Captains in terms of combat, yet. No need to worry however, as your story is just beginning, and after some improvement, a Captain may submit your name to test again in the future! Your application for the title of the Captain of Ninth took courage, which is something to be proud of, and you represented your division well. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your performance, please feel free to contact any of the Captains, as well as the Captain Commander. You are free to make any necessary adjustments to your bio, and may continue to roleplay as Jatiri Yabuki, Third Seat of Ninth Division!

BSD

Administrator

護廷十三隊
Application: Shizuka Hyouzoku

So engrossed in battle, so ruled by the trials of conflict that sometimes the Shinigami forget their role as balancers of life. It is a thankless task to some, one that garners little attention from other divisions yet is equally an important task than any Squad entrusted with what some would perceive, grand and lucrative titles and responsibilities. The warriors, no..the guardians of the Tenth and Thirteenth Division know this better than anyone else.
The barracks of the Thirteenth Division become filled with alarm. Computers pick up a heavy influx of deceased souls, their numbers blotting a good section of the map targeting their location. Just what could have happened to cause so many deaths, so suddenly? With funding limited, and personnel at an all time low they have no choice but to request aid, and who better to understand not only their struggle, but their responsibilities than those of the Tenth? Captain Higen Kagayaki receives their request, and in his wisdom entrusts the task to his third seat, one Shizuka Hyouzoku. While confident in Shizuka’s abilities as a shinigami, experience tells the mighty Captain that even he could stand to benefit from having a helping hand. And so, he entrusts a small cell under the care and leadership of his Third seat. An added measure of security, though he prays they won't be needed
Shizuka and his entourage step out of the Senkaimon arriving within Karakura Town. What they find before them is unnerving, disaster. The many signatures that began filling the map were in fact...children? Countless toddlers, far too many to count right away. They arrive as the children begin crying. They are terrified, saddened — young souls whose lives were unexpectedly cut short. Their tears flow without cease, their cries grow ever louder. The children need to be passed on, guided to the Soul Society but it would be difficult, next to impossible to perform Konsō (魂葬, Soul Burial) on the children pluses in such a state.
As they watch on, a heavy reiatsu comes crashing down, crushing the space from the ground up a dozen feet behind them. Averting their gaze from the children allows their eyes to catch sight of the sky tearing itself, a Garganta is pried open and Hollows begin to pour out. The children’s cries grow louder, and the sound begins to grow distorted. Some of the children have begun to Hollowfy. The garganta remains open, numerous glowing eyes visible within the tear in space, signs of more Hollows yet to come. It becomes clear to Shizuka, if no one else, that the Hollows are being drawn by the young pluses and their emotional turmoil. Conversely this turmoil now combined with the growing presence of Hollows is causing the Pluses to become corrupted, mutating and evolving them. Witnessing as some of them begin to Hollowfy, the sight of such a thing serves to further frighten these already terrified children, and their cries ring out louder, causing even more of the children to Hollowfy. It was quickly becoming an epidemic.
The Hollows are on a war path towards the children, the beacon that currently calls them into the World of the Living, and by Proxy, towards Shizuka and his group who stands between the Hollows and their goal. It won't be long until the Hollows are upon them. Combating the Hollows, while doable is like using tape to fix a Dam; it served little purpose so long as the Garganta remained open and so long as the Hollows came through. So long as the children continued to scream and cry, more and more Hollows would continue to come, for it is their cries, their fear, their negativity that acts as fuel to this swelling inferno. A task that seemed simple at face value, quickly expands beyond what Shizuka and those who had come with him could have ever imagined. Though a warrior, he came here to act as a Regulator, a Balancer. The swarm of Hollows would hardly give him the proper time to perform Konsō on every single child, not with so many children so emotionally compromised. Regardless, Shizuka needed to take action, the growing number of Hollows not only placed him and those entrusted under his care at risk, but these children who they were drawn to, and the numerous innocent bystanders within Karakura, blind and deaf to the monsters that dwell within the Spiritual world, the Hollows that would kill and consume them for power and sustenance.
What will Shizuka do?

BSD

Administrator
Shizuka-TS-1.png

SHIZUKA.png

Elisha-Divider.png

"I can't believe Captain Higen himself gave us this task personally... we're gonna see this one through to the end.."
"I'm not surprised, in due to time I'll be among his top personnel, just like the tall blue haired guy who looks just like Higen's son."
"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, there's a reason he's leading us. He's not your average shinigami."
Jintou, Wakitoras, and Vain
. These three unseated shinigami for 10th Division had been selected directly by Higen Kagayaki, one of the mightiest Shinigami in the Soul Society. Their strength was completely uncorrelated to their rank. All of them harboring the ability to communicate with their Zanpakuto properly and activate the first transformation, Shikai. They dwell in the unseated position, due to the incompetence of the Captain himself. One who recognizes their strength, yet does not reward them. Similar to one of his strongest members Kuro Yakimono, who has attained power far beyond normal seated members, but lies within the bottom of his ranks. This tragedy unfortunately leaves them in a limbo of obtaining a seated position....and being at the top of thousands of unrecognized soldiers who also receive similar recognition. Tonight was their golden opportunity though, a meal ticket per say. Completion of this mission, where they were selected as the entourage of one of Higen's premier seated members, and get a recommendation from said seated member himself? Their future's were undoubtedly brighter than they have ever been.
"What's taking this guy so long, I'm getting truly impatient"
"It's okay I'm about to message him, he shouldn't have had us wait here if he kne-"

A gust of wind had passed by the trio of shinigami. It's warmth was unprecedented, the atmosphere changed from one that was stale and tense, to one with vigor and energy. It was easy to tell a new body had approached the three, and as they turned around simultaneously they witness the gentle smile of the green haired oaf gazing upon them
Elisha-laughter.png

"We ready to go?"
The three were all befuddled by the look on his face. Did he know that they were going on a potential life risking mission? Did he realize that this mission was literally the upmost important task granted to them by the Shining General himself. Does he not realize the sanctity of this situation is right now? Those were all of the thoughts swirling through their mind's right now. Due to their lack knowledge though, this Shizuka they were facing now was one who had grown significantly over his time in 10th. Battle-hardened, grieved through many times, and was on the verge of becoming transcendent beyond his own rank. His demeanor was shown to be carefree, but he was not carefree of the mission or the situation. He was beginning to learn body language and attitude was important, and to the people that he leads and bestows his warmth onto, they should be granted the sense of safety of being with their superior or leader. It was one of the things he was going to have to understand, if he ever wanted to reach Captain-hood.
"Uhh.. yeah, we're ready.... my name is Jintou, this is Wakitoras, and the girl is Vain"
"I've heard of you three... I heard you're all unbelievably exceptional for being unseated... It'll be a pleasure to work with you three tonight."

The trio felt it. The small jump in confidence they had been bestowed by his words. Their judgement of his personality was still in question, but they knew now more than ever, if they wanted to rise to greater heights, tonight was their chance.
"Without further ado.."
Shizuka stepped forward through the Senkaimon and the three followed behind him.
Northwest Seireitei---------------------------------Traveling to----------------------------------- Karakura Town
Elisha-Divider.png

Per the coordinates of the skilled and talented in 13th Division, they were able to transfix their Senkaimon to open some miles near the center of the problem. The main issue that was going on in Karakura, to Shizuka's knowledge, was that there was a heavy influx of souls gathering in a centralized location. With shinigami like Katsuo Oda and Oyama Hoshi, out doing the more hefty tasks in 13th. There was not much room for others skilled within the division taking on this task without suffering some kind of major loss. Shizuka being called was the answer to this this problem, and while something like this was familiar to him. It was never to this extent....
Upon stepping foot within Karakura town, the four of them would be greeted with a soft plush of snow covering the entire street they stood in. Their feet being trapped within about 5 inches of the frozen precipitation.
"Oh great, snow, my favorite..." Jintou said sarcastically.
"Stop complaining about everything let's get in, do our job, and get out" Vain said frantically.
"What do you think we should do? Hyouzoku-san?" Wakitoras said curiously?.

Shizuka was quiet upon his entry. Ignoring the crunch of snow at his feet , and the sarcastic banter of Jintou. His eyes were fixated on his Denreishiki, using the tracking app provided to him by 13th. The slow rotation of the radar accompanied by the singular red dot located north east of their location intrigued him. He quickly snapped out of his trance and looked to Jintou, the one causing the small banter.
"We got our target up a few miles ahead going North-East. Let's move soldier."
He stared Jintou to give him a sense of importance of the matter. In the past he would've demoralized the young man telling him something along the lines of "shutting the f*** up", but this was also another example of his growth. He understood the weight that words hold from those above you meant. He knew if Captain Mukuro or Captain Nakamoto gave a task or anything directed towards him, he would carry out whatever they would say to him with no questions asked. It would make him feel acknowledged, therefore boosting his performance in the field.
Shizuka upon finishing his sentence immediately bled into a shunpo leading towards the location. Jintou stopped his banter and followed expeditiously, with the others in his rear view.
"Damn did you see Hyouzoku-san's face Vain, he looks like he means fu***** business."
"I guess so, you know this is a front right? He's widely known as one of the laziest shinigami in the Soul Society."
"SO I've heard, but he doesn't give off that energy. Well at least right now he doesn't. Regardless it doesn't change that we're about to get over him and take our spots as seated members today."

The conversation between the two behind Jintou, continued for the entire travel as they were jumping through rooftops. Their conversation was warranted for the most part. Shizuka has had a reputation for being completely lazy, unprepared, and has the tendency to avoid his work. There was no changing the past, and his previous reputation. What he wanted to do today was invoke to everyone he works with in the present that he is ready for the role of responsibility now. The only way to convince these naysayers and doubters was to perform not with words, but with his actions. In his mind, today was his meal ticket as well...
Shizuka and the trio finally reached their destination. With the dots on the Denreishinki becoming completely populated with multiple red dots surrounding their area. The red dots that were being pulled up were simply just... dead souls. Souls who had not passed on and are remaining in the world of the living waiting for their escape from the purgatory they lie in. Pluses, in the Soul Society's terms. They had no normal means of passing, but with the help of Shinigami, one could pass on easily and begin their life anew peacefully.
As the four of them came to a halt in the air, they were met with cries and abrupt wailing. The destination led them to Karakura Middle School but, the activity was placed directly within the playground behind the school. As they stared on, the lot was littered with the crying souls of dead children all standing aimlessly, lost within the mortal realm, unable to be seen by their loved ones who were still alive. Shizuka began to descend to the ground while others stood above watching him. Shizuka, being a Soul Reaper for so long, had often forgot about the true nature of his job description. He couldn't feel true pity for the souls of the children there, but he tried resonate with the feelings of being lost, abandoned, and let go of too early. Most Soul Reapers, after years of serving begin to feel indifferent towards these emotions. Spirits such as these lost children, would just be another inconvenience for them. Something to fill in the gap while they're out on patrol or slaying hollows. The true threats to the balance of life. Though this specific situation was something that carried equal precedent and probably even more than the Hollow threat.
Shizuka landed next to the first child he saw. A young boy who was weeping endlessly, to the point where he was oblivious to the Shinigami's presence as he landed next to him. Shizuka spoke gently to the Plus
"Hey little guy..... up here, why so many tears?"
*sniff* *sniff*

The snot protrudes from the young boys nose onto his shirt, and he begins to wipe his nose and face clear with his arm
"Because... because, I been here for so long and my mommy and daddy won't find me..."
"I've been looking forever, but when I checked my home they weren't there EITH-"

He continues to sob, not even finishing his story completely.
Shizuka face dons a look of grimace. He couldn't possibly fathom how gut wrenching an experience this could be for someone so young. Most likely the kid couldn't find his parents, because they died along with him, and got pushed on by a shinigami already. This was just one of the many kids in this playground that probably have the same problem or even something worse.
"It's okay, young one... this is exactly what I'm here for. I'm going to help you find your parents no matter what it takes okay?"
The kid looked up to Shizuka, his tears finally stopping from his endless flowing.
"Are you serious?"
Shizuka look directly in the child's eyes and broke into a comfortable smile
"I promise"
He stood up and turned around to all the children surrounding the two and he began to speak out loudly.
"This goes for all of you, I promise I am here to help you all. Come to me, if you want to be helped. I promise with everything I will-"
He was interrupted by a the abrupt ripping of space. A sound too familiar, one that he has heard on occasion way too many times. He instantly spotted the source of this location, deep into the snowy filed night sky. Staring directly into the depths of the hollow hole, the Garganta. Their terrifying hollow shrills, began to ring throughout the ears of everyone spiritually aware in the vicinity. Their combined symphony sending chills all the way down to the core, as their glowing yellow iris' encapsulated true fear. The young pluses, mainly the ones who were not closest to Shizuka, and the ones who didn't properly hear his speech, were completely terrified by this phenomena. Their tears became tears of fear instead of sorrow, and they began to panic as they were faced with the oncoming threat. Not knowing that this fear, was the main source of the Hollow's calling. Shizuka could clearly see as he surveyed his surroundings, the multiples of these fearful children, their Soul Chain's were constantly being shaved. At an exponential rate nonetheless. He had to act quick, he had to procure the safety of the children as well as pass them over. It was becoming too late for the ones on the cusp of becoming hollows, but he had to rally the ones he could to protect them from safety.
"All of you who want to be protected come to me! We're going to defend you from these fiends. PLEASE GATHER around me if you want to be saved! I want to help you!"
Shizuka held on to the boy next to him close, with his towering 6'7" frame over the young one, he held him closer to his thigh and signaled the others one around him to corral towards him. The young boy's quick grasp on Shizuka's clothing became a form of confirmation of safety to the ones who witnessed.
"Wakitoras! Jintou! Vain! Hold the hollows off with all your might! We can't let them get to their target!"
"We won't be able to hold off that horde by ourselves for very long, but we will try our best! You two, let's go! Shine, Karui Kiba!"
"Split, Tairiku No Shin!"
"Freeze, Tsumetai!"

The three shinigami warriors, all activated their shikai simultaneously and headed towards the Garganta. Their combined strengths would only last them for a few minutes with the endless wave of hollows. Shizuka just needed them to stall for time as he dealt with the ground situation. Shizuka had gathered what had seemed to be about 40 of the pluses in the area. At this point anything that was not next to the shinigami, was already a lost cause. The children lost, stirred by their emotions, frightened by the appearance of the dark hole in the sky we're beginning to hollowfy. Their soul chains had completely evaporated, and all that was the left was the hole in their hearts, the holes that signify a complete hollowfication. The children next to Shizuka began to fear the ugly transformative process that plagued their fellow children, and their chains were being shaved down with every passing second. Once again his voice was needed more than anything. Killing these hollows violently, in a brutal bloodbath would only serve to scar the children more. Literally giving the opposite effect of what he proclaimed to them earlier. These hollowfied children aren't the same ones that had just appeared through the gate that his comrades are fighting. To these children, they are still one of them, still a lost poor soul who had just been consumed by their fear. There's no way they'd be able to understand complexity of the situation at hand, but Shizuka was going to try to use his words to command the situation in his favor.
"There's no need to fear young ones.... There isn't. The fear in your hearts, every tear, every inch of doubt in your heart will turn you into one of them. I want to save you all from the beasts that attack from the sky and the lost souls surrounding us. Just please... please stay strong, don't be fearful. I'm going to protect you from this fate."
He had hoped his words had resonated with the children standing around him. The hollows approaching from all sides, had completely lost any form of humanity. They crave and are driven by the eternal and insatiable hunger to devour other souls, living or dead, to fill the void caused by their descent. The only thing that could cleanse them, is the main weapon of the shinigami. The Zanpakuto. Shizuka broke free from the tight grip's of the plus' holding on to his shihakusho. After separating from the pack he closed his eyes, used his keen sensing to establish the hollowfied signatures of everything around them. It was about 60 of them, all of them desperately savoring the souls of the plus' he had gathered. Shizuka was not going to let any of them get touched. He unsheathed his zanpakuto quickly, and upon it's unsheathing, it began to glow all around before transforming instantaneously into it's Shikai state.
"All of you, don't worry I'll get you out safely
Bankai....."

A pillar of reiatsu swirled around Shizuka for less than a second, before completely unveiling his form.
a8f52e8372f933ea72d90c651a95c391.png

His shihakushos torso, was completely ripped to shreds, making way to show off the distinguished, yet volatile lightning armaments that covered his chest and arms. The lower part of his threads, shaved away due to the same reason. Greaves of lightning covered his entire leg area.
"Hirameku-Hitouchi, Hakai Na Nageku"
Shizuka wasted no time in his actions. In his form, his speed was insurmountable, he knew the young one's would be disgusted with the casual way of dispatching them. That's why it'd be better if to them, they just disappeared. Shizuka took one step, and his frame disappeared.
SWOOSH
In all but a mere 2 seconds, the Hollows in the front that were slowly approaching stopped. In the next second, they kneeled, the hollows behind them stopped. In the next second afterwards, the hollows in the front dissipated, the wave behind them kneeled, the third and final wave stopped.
SWOOSH
Shizuka reappeared next to the children in his previous position, as if he had never left. Slowly all of the hollows in the area had completely dissipated without a trace. The children were left, speechless of the phenomenon, the tears had stop flowing, the crying had ceased, but there was a still a lingering fear.
Is that what would've happened to us? What happened to them? I don't know what's going on, they were just going to kill us?"
Those were all of thought's that swirled to the children's head, but they couldn't ignore the shining knight that stood beside them. Upon returning to his position they felt the warmth of the his new form hold them tightly. Normally in his enhanced states Shizuka's Zanpakuto releases a scorching presence on those around him. Due to his mastered control over his abilities he's been able to tone down on the effect for those unable to withstand his vehemence. The snow around the playground had completely melted , turning back into the lush and vibrant field it was before this freezing weather. All that was left, was the threat in the sky. The trio had been fighting valiantly, in the sky preventing hollows from escaping through the garganta in one piece. Without a competent group, Shizuka would've been stuck fighting endless waves of hollows. Instead, with coordinated teamwork he was able to mitigate the damage by a lot. He would need to commend them for their skills later, but for now he was going to end the onslaught.
"Stay together young ones, I'm going to get rid of the dangerous one's in the sky, then everything is going to be okay."
Shizuka took one more glance before he left, he saw their soul chains halt their eroding process. He gave the children a smirk, before he vanished into a shunpo into the sky.
"Okayyyyy... and it's getting extremely tough for us here. I think we bit off a bit more than we could handle.."
"Did you feel Shizuka's reiatsu down there, i'm pretty sure he's going through the same thing we're going through, but by himself fight on"
"What th-"

The Hollows that were inching their way out one by one, scarring and cutting the unseated warriors, came to a halt. Some would disappear, get cut in half, have their mask almost completely shattered, all before disappearing instantaneously. Before the shinigami could even comprehend what was going on, Shizuka's frame finally appeared before them. All of them in shock, they witnessed as he launched his fist towards the wave of hollows in a straight line and completely evaporated them with a lightning strike. The hollows still creeping out of the Garganta, were witnessing this as well. Upon seeing their numbers being dwindled down in a sheer instance, the Garganta began to close instantly, leaving no room for any retreaters, if there were even any left....
"....."
"....."
"...."

Shizuka let out a sigh of relief. He depowered back down into his normal state, his Zanpakuto reappearing in his hand normally. His shihakusho was torn all over, leaving his chest and legs exposed completely.
"Jeez, I hate activating Bankai, I always have to get a new change of clothes."
"Sooooo??? You could've handled all of this by yourself. This super duper threat that needed a whole 'nother division to attend to annnnd you just did it by yourself basically."

Shizuka began to laugh at the three
"Hahahahahaha, you got it all wrong. I was only able to do that because you all did what you did. Without you guys stopping that horde from penetrating the streets and killing innocent living bystanders. I'd be stuck with having to do like 10 things at once. You guys actually saved my ass. Higen was finally right this time, maybe a little help wouldn't hurt."
He gave the crew the same smirk, he gave them upon entering Karakura Town.
Elisha-laughter.png

"Thanks guy, Mission ALMOST complete"
The trio all felt a little better about themselves, but also toned down their ambitions slowly. In their mind's they realized that the path to being a seated member is going to take alot more than just being skilled. The leadership qualities Shizuka displayed to them was a key indicator for that. Shizuka and trio went back to the ground, and regrouped with the pluses that were left after the onslaught. Their chains had stopped eroding, and the tears that once flooded their eyes ceased. They had gained confidence in Shizuka, and couldn't fathom why he tried his hardest to secure their safety. Whatever the case was, they were grateful. Shizuka stood in front of the child he first encountered once more.
"Hey little one, me and my friends here are going to help you find your parent's okay? I'm sure they're missing you and they'd be glad to find you safe and sound."
"Okay.. *sniff* are you sure they'll be able to find me??"
"I pinky promise you"

He crouched down, and extended his pinky out towards the child to which the child resonated back with the same gesture. Afterwards grabbed the hilt of his Zanpakuto while it was sheathed and tapped the boys forehead with the bottom, performing Konso. The trio followed suit and did so for the rest of the children there, peacefully sending them. With the souls finally traveling peacefully towards the Soul Society, the mission was complete.
Elisha-Divider.png

BSD

Administrator

護廷十三隊
Application: Shizuka Hyouzoku

The Captains have reviewed your scenario and reached their verdict...
3bb59812e8a5184c8e780a8c0845197a.png

Sorry Shizuka, you do not advance to the next round.

After discussion, the Captain’s have decided that your post does not display enough qualifiers to advance you to the combat portion of the Captaincy Test. If you have any questions regarding your performance, or what factors went into this judgment, please feel free to privately message any of the Captains. For now, you will remain Shizuka Hyouzoku, Third Seat of the Tenth Division. You are of course permitted to retain your Bankai, and further develop it in character. Thank you for applying, it takes a lot of courage to do so, and your effort has been noted. The Captains look forward to seeing you develop further!